People who sit in front of computers all day often complain of headaches and sore necks, while heavy lifting can leave manual workers with back injuries, muscle strains and sciatica. Osteopathy can help you become ‘fit for work’.
Common complaints include:
- Stiff neck
- Lower back pain/sciatica
- Pins and needles in hands/arms
- Shoulder, elbow and wrist pain
- Upper back stiffness
- Sciatica pain
- Hip/knee pain
- Carpal tunnel
- Repetitive strain injury (RSI)
The following tips will help you avoid being injured at work:
- Regular breaks away from your desk will help you avoid back and neck strain, while frequent short breaks from your computer will help to protect your eyes.
- Stay well nourished and hydrated throughout the day.
- Use safe techniques when lifting and never be afraid to ask for help to shift heavy loads.
- If your job involves driving for long periods of time make sure you take regular breaks to stretch and walk around